Symptoms of coronavirus:
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home until you get the result.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
• a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
How to treat coronavirus symptoms at home
There is currently no specific treatment for coronavirus (COVID-19), but you can often ease the symptoms at home until you recover.
Treating a high temperature
If you have a high temperature, it can help to:
• get lots of rest
• drink plenty of fluids (water is best) to avoid dehydration – drink enough so your pee is light yellow and clear
• take paracetamol or ibuprofen if you feel uncomfortable
Treating a cough
If you have a cough, it’s best to avoid lying on your back. Lie on your side or sit upright instead.
To help ease a cough, try having a teaspoon of honey. But do not give honey to babies under 12 months.
If this does not help, you could contact a pharmacist for advice about cough treatments.
The Dr. MedHealth Channel is created to provide educational information regarding medical conditions, diseases, preventive care, and healthy living standards.
AND DON’T FORGET TO 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
SUBSCRIBE 🚨 & 🌟 Like and Share 🙏 so you don’t miss the next video!